With Google claiming 50% of searches to be conducted using voice commands by 2020, are you prepared for this seismic shift in SEO? Are you seeking ways to enable potential customers to find and buy your products or services? Well, at a time when consumers are using voice search to get information,
Voice search is people utilising their voice via a device – a smartphone or a home assistant to make a query using a search engine or digital assistant. Speed recognition is used to understand queries made by users. It then tries to find an online match which answers the query. While a user is usually directed to a web page with mobile phones, information which best answers the user’s query is read out in case of smart speakers.
Read on to learn what makes voice search beneficial and the ways SEO in Brighton can be used for optimising voice search!
Benefits Of Voice Commands For Search
With the voice recognition technology getting more versatile and accurate, more and more users have started realising the benefits of using voice search. Some of the top reasons why you should use voice-activated speakers are-
- It allows you to multi-task easily
- It makes your daily routine a lot easier
- It enables you to do things much faster in comparison to other devices
- It empowers you to get answers and gain information instantly
Voice Search SEO: Effective Strategies To Optimise In 2019
1. Optimise Your Business Listings
Voice commands for search see numerous hyper-local queries and claiming your ‘Google My Business Listing’ can be a great way to help your potential customers find you. Ensuring that the name, address as well as phone data accurate is thus important for every business. It is also imperative to associate your listing with relevant categories. This is because Google expects you to use categories for describing what your business is.
2. Get Mobile Friendly
This is another effective SEO strategy for businesses in Sussex, Surrey to
3. Create Content Answering Your Customers’ Questions
Users speak different keywords than the ones they use in search engines for finding your business, products and services. For instance, a person might type “nearby parlour”, but say “what is the nearest parlour” when using voice search. Some of the things you can do are-
- Update your content regularly
- Create content which answers questions to drive conversions
- Answer the existing questions on your business listings
- Create some compelling questions about your business, products or services
So what are you still here for? It’s time to get started and optimise for voice search optimisation!